I was raised in the Denver area, and now I live in Denver with my husband Dan, our daughter Brooke, and our dog Tommy. I enjoy spending time with my family and friends, playing with my daughter, hiking, travel, and good food.
I began my legal career with a small law firm practicing family law and employment law, where I was able to be involved in every aspect of almost every case. There I learned that practical experience, a strong sense of personal responsibility, and a solid relationship with a client are crucial to success. Before opening my own firm, I practiced at a large, national law firm where I honed my skills further in employment law and civil litigation. These experiences have enabled me to represent clients of all backgrounds and economic circumstances in a manner tailored to their needs.
I work hard to get the best possible outcome for you. I will approach your case with the following in mind:
- Seeking Alternatives to Litigation: In many cases, I believe it is both preferable and beneficial to my clients to avoid litigation, along with its financial and personal toll on individuals and families. Negotiation, mediation, alternative dispute resolution, and collaborative law may best serve my clients.
- Experienced Trial Attorney: I have years of courtroom experience. I am not afraid to litigate and am willing to take cases to trial when alternative dispute resolution does not work.
- Professionalism: An attorney can be aggressive and act professionally at the same time. Doing so can keep the costs of litigation down and may assist with settlement or trying a case to a favorable result.
- Innovative Strategies and Top-Notch Legal Work: I develop creative solutions to complex issues. I handle each case efficiently and with my client’s goals in mind.
- Personal Attention: My clients deserve a high degree of personal attention and responsiveness. I listen to and include clients. I respond to requests within a reasonable time.
- Personal Control: My clients feel in control of their own cases. I arm my clients with carefully and thoroughly vetted research and experience. I advise, counsel, and provide options, enabling my clients to make their own informed decisions.
I graduated from the University of Denver Sturm College of Law in 2003, and there I served on the Denver University Law Review and was elected to the Honor Board. I participate in pro bono activities, including the family law court program in Denver.
GRETCHEN E. LIPMAN
I am a member of the Colorado Bar Association, Denver Bar Association, Colorado Women’s Bar Association; and the American Association for Justice.