Established, effective and compassionate
My focus is always on the best interests of my clients and the children impacted by a marital or parental responsibilities (“custody”) dispute. Well prepared, aggressive representation is the most effective way to reach resolution in or out of the courtroom.
- Divorce or legal separation: I handle all components of divorce, including marital asset and debt division, parenting time, child support, and spousal maintenance.
- Child support:
- Determination of child support during the divorce process and for permanent orders.
- Determination of child support payments involving parents who never married.
- Collecting child support through income garnishment and other means, or defense of allegations that you are in arrears.
- Modification: When circumstances change substantially, applying for post-divorce modification of child support.
- Parental decision-making: I help divorcing parents or unmarried parents seek joint or sole parental decision-making orders or agreements.
- Parenting time: I help my clients arrange for fair, age-appropriate parenting time that protects their relationship with their children. I assist with modifying parenting time, whether as a result of changed circumstances or relocation.
- Grandparent Visitation and Allocation of Parental Responsibilities.
- Spousal maintenance: When appropriate, one divorcing spouse may obtain an order of support from the other. I also handle modification of spousal maintenance when circumstances require a change.
- Marital agreements, including premarital agreements and separation agreements.
- Domestic partnership planning and dissolution.
Comprehensive knowledge, proven expertise
I represent a broad range of private and public sector employees in a wide variety of workplace matters. I also provide representation to small to mid-size companies. This enables me to see both sides of a dispute, which facilitates settlement and allows me to anticipate potential arguments and defenses.
My experience includes the following:
- Workplace investigations
- Employee benefits
- Employee handbooks
- Employee privacy
- Employment contracts and independent contractor issues
- Employment discrimination
- Non-competition agreements and restrictive covenants
- Sexual harassment
- Same-sex sexual harassment
- Wage and hour law
- Workplace violence and safety
- Wrongful/retaliatory termination
I encourage the use of, and have successfully utilized, mediation to minimize the time and expense related to resolving employment disputes.
Proven Results, Collaborative Solutions
I fight for your rights, hold others accountable, and work hard to get you the money you deserve. My goal is to provide my clients with aggressive representation emphasizing practical, cost-effective solutions to their problems.
I have years of experience navigating the courts for my clients, handling commercial and general civil disputes. I have represented clients at the trial and appellate level.
My experience includes:
- contract disputes
- fraud and misrepresentation
- noncompetition agreements and trade secret disputes
- interference with business relations
- landlord/tenant disputes
- real estate related matters, including actions to quiet title, obtain easements, protect property from claims of prescriptive easement, REA disputes and slander of title actions.